- ca. 1900
- 39 1/4x27 1/2 inches (100 x 70 cm)
- REFERENCE NUMBER:
Paddlewheel boats have been operated on Lake Como since the 1820s. The Como went into service in 1874, officially designated as a Salon Paddle Steamer. She was demolished in 1953. Although this poster dates from the turn-of-the-century, it has a bold design and a style that belies its early date. The image on this poster is still used today on the cover of the timetables for sailings by the Lariana Company on Lake Como.